Teachers in USA
The TEACHER EXCHANGE PROGRAM is designed to promote interchange of ideas amongst American and foreign teachers in public and private schools and the enhancement of mutual understanding between people of USA and other countries. The program does so by providing foreign teachers opportunities to teach in primary and secondary accredited educational institutions in USA. The program also allows them to participate actively in cross-cultural activities with Americans in schools and communities. Finally, it has the goal of encouraging the teachers to share their experiences and increased knowledge of the United States with their countrymen when they finally return home. Such exchanges enable visitors to understand better American culture, society and teaching practices at the primary and secondary levels.
Placement Areas & Some Employers
All over USA in various schools for Grades KG to 12 [Std. I to XII] for all subjects
- Be enthusiastic, mature, dependable & eager to experience new ways of life, willing to learn about the culture & people of USA.
- Not have a criminal record
- Good reputation and character
- English should be above average
- Qualification : Bachelors degree in any stream + B.Ed.
- Satisfy teaching eligibility standards of the U.S. state in which you will teach
- Be working as a teacher
- Two years of full-time teaching experience
- if not currently working as a teacher at the time of application
- Within 12 months of application will have completed an advanced degree and
- At least two years of full-time teaching experience within the past eight years
Initial contract term is 3 years which can be extended by 1-2 years based on school need and teacher performance.
- Program dates must coincide with the U.S. academic year cycle.
- Teachers need to be available to arrive as early as July
- All teacher programs will end on June 30th of the final year.
US$ 36,000 – US$ 60,000 depending upon qualification, work experience and geographical location
- Assistance will be provided in arranging accommodation. All housing cost has to be paid by the participant
- A candidate can work with only one employer
- Process time : 5 – 6 months from date of submission of complete set of documents.
- Spouse and dependents can accompany the teacher as soon as the teacher is financially stable and
- settled-in with their position and certification requirements
- Spouse can start working after arrival once they have successfully gone through the work
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes