Nurses in Germany
Germany is a very advanced country. It is facing a severe decline in population. It is estimated that Germany requires 250,000 – 400,000 skilled people every year. There is severe shortage in the field of healthcare, IT, hospitality and several other fields, creating opportunities for people from every field to migrate to Germany with family.
Germany is facing a shortfall of more than 100,000 nurses and caregivers. The salary levels are high and also it is safe and friendly and also the quality of life is comparable to the best in the world.
Nurses having Diploma / Degree in Nursing will be assessed for equivalence of qualification and work experience to practice in this profession. The assessment usually indicates one of the three requirements:
1) appear for a knowledge test, or
2) attend an Adaptation programmer or internship
3) attend a short term nursing course in an approved institution in Germany
- Once you reach in Germany, adaptation program starts. This will include both German language coaching and theory as well as practical sessions necessary for your career. Course is free and you will be paid an amount of 1,000 euros / month from which your accommodation costs will be deducted.
- After successful completion of course and exams, you will be working in the beginning for a period of 6 months as an assistant to get used to German system. You will also get a salary of 1000 euros / month during this period.
- After successfully passing the period as assistant, you can start working in your 3 year contract as a specialist nurse. Your salary will be in the range of 1500 – 2000 euros.
- Diploma / Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Nursing
- Nursing License
- German language B-2
You can go to Germany. Your spouse and children can join you three months after you have settled there. You can get work permits and apply for permanent residency. After completing your B2 course and Adaptation course, you can start working as a licensed nurse.
You can get full time job with 38.5 to 41 hours per week with employment in alternating shifts. You can earn extra income by working in night shifts, weekends and public holidays. During your Adaptation course, you will be able to work as assistant nurse.
- For professionals with substantial work experience, from €17.50 per hour, to approximately €3,100/month.
- With some experience, about € 2,400/month gross & € 1,500 – 1,800/ month net
- For Nursing assistants, from €13.80 per hour, to approximately € 1,800/ per month gross and € 1,250 – 1,400/month net.
- For Individuals in care of elderly and the sick approximately €1100 per month.
- Tuition fee for German language classes will be reimbursed once you join the program.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes